LM Technologies are an Affiliate member of the Thread Group, designers and architects of the Thread technology
You can find our member listing on the Thread website here
So Why Thread?
Thread was designed with one goal in mind: To create the very best way to connect and control products in the home.
It’s hard to get multiple devices to talk to one another. And until now, no one has been able to do it well.
Most of today’s technologies rely on a single device to communicate with products around the home. So if that device fails, the whole network goes down. Today’s technologies can also be difficult and confusing to set up. And since many devices around the home need to stay connected 24/7, they end up draining battery life quickly.
That’s why Thread was designed. Thread Group wanted to build a technology that uses and combines the best of what’s out there and create a networking protocol that can help the Internet of Things realise its potential for years to come.
Thread was designed to have these important features:
- Simple for consumers to use
- Always secure
- An open protocol that carries IPv6 natively
- Based on a robust mesh network with no single point of failure
- Runs over standard 802.15.4 radios
- Designed to support a wide variety of products for the home: appliances, access control, climate control, energy management, lighting, safety, and security
Click here to learn more about the Thread technology.